In more than 20 years, Boarding Australia has:
- Presented annual training forums in a variety of locations throughout Australia.
- Presented mini-regional conferences and an annual National Conference.
- Acted as a link between boarding providers in order to pass on information and share good practice.
- Produced regular newsletters that provide relevant and quality information to boarding staff and organisations.
- Advertised for staff on behalf of individual boarding providers.
- Provided a source of quality information, advice and resources pertaining to boarding providers and the care of young people, particularly those from remote areas and Indigenous students.
- Delivered projects focused on quality improvement and standards, community engagement and research.
- Made representations to the Federal Government to acquire funding for the Association and boarding providers.
- Maintained resources in order to provide an information and help-line service for staff and management of hostels.
These efforts reflect Boarding Australia’s mission, which simply states that our focus is on “Making Boarding Better”.
2016-17 Business Plan