The Quality and Standards in Boarding training is a professional development course for staff who work in boarding. It gives participants access to a range of resources, including the Boarding Quality Framework, self-assessment and improvement planning tools and the Australian Standard for Boarding Schools and Residences (AS 5725).
Templates, draft policies and links to resources that will assist boarding providers to implement quality activities are also available.
The training program includes practical exercises and discussion so that the experience of participants can be shared. The program covers:
- Quality principles
- Standards in practice
- Improvement planning
Who should attend?
Quality is everyone’s business.
All boarding staff responsible for the care and supervision of boarders should attend. The training has been designed for Heads of Boarding, Boarding Supervisors, Youth Workers, Recreation Officers and Ancillary Staff.
A specialised module for Principals and Management Committees/Boards is also being developed.
- Tailored sessions for boarding residences can be delivered, with a cost of $350 – 400 per person depending on numbers (minimum 4 people).
- Online sessions can be offered, with hard copy resources (including a copy of the Standard normally $69) delivered prior to the session. Cost is $250 – $300 per person.
- Discounts apply for Boarding Australia members and for bookings of 3 or more apply.
Participants in the training have given positive feedback:
- “I find quality things bit confusing but the manual has been put together so well…….and will be a very useful tool for us”
- “The Framework adds more detail to using the Standard”
- “Very practical”
Contact us if you would like further information.